Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Progress and Pork Chops

Most of you who know me know I am a huge foodie.
Like I LOVE food. Mainly Mexican restaurants. 
Ever since I was very young I have always wanted
to eat anywhere that has re-fried beans, queso and SALSA!!! 

I realized that my eating habits were getting a bit out 
of hand and knew if I wanted to continue
enjoying the foods I loved I would need to learn to 
eat smaller portions and limit my queso intake! 

Lately I have been purchasing more fresh foods and 
lean meats to cook during the week.
I have also been going to the gym about 6-7 times a week
for about 45 minutes to an hour of cardio.
Ryan and I agreed that our "date night" would
also serve as our "cheat night" so we could 
go to any restaurant and eat as bad {or good} as we wanted.

This has been going very well and I am really
noticing a huge difference in my moods and my energy levels.
Physically I feel much healthier and I am 
starting to feel a change in the way my clothes are fitting. YAY!
I have never been one to stick to something for 
a long time so this has really been a big deal for me. 


Quick and Easy Pork Chops!

2 boneless pork chops
sea salt
freshly crushed black pepper
garlic
butter

I rubbed them down with the salt, pepper and garlic on both sides 
while heating up a skillet on high.
Sometime to save a few calories I will just use a spray
to cook with but with so few ingredients it was really worth it.
Brown both sides of your chops on high, once you have done that
 immediately turn it down to a low-medium for about 3 or 4 minutes
on each side. Do not cook it too long or they will dry out really fast.


I had mine with blackberries and strawberries and 
Ryan had his with ramen noodles. {No veggies or fruit for him!}
We really did not plan well for sides this week but
learning to grocery shop for two people with completely different
taste is a tough one!

No picture today, I ate off of a paper plate and
there was no way to make dinner look pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment